Community Survey: Results are in…
Remember how not long ago we encouraged you to take a survey about you thoughts around the park redevelopment? Well, the residents of Ranchlands have spoken and have shared their thoughts and feelings on the proposed redevelopment. There were over 2000 flyers delivered by volunteers and 400 responses. The Ranchero Park Committee is so thankful for everyone who took the time to assist them in understanding the needs and wants of those living in the community.
What did the Committee learn from this engagement process??
The top amenity results for Ranchero Park were as follows:
- Splash park
- Toboggan Hill
- Community Parks
- Outdoor Fitness areas
- BBQ/Fire pits
What other amenities did the residents ask for?
- Increased stairs and pathways to get to park. Steep hill from both sides to enter the park making it difficult for elderly, mobility impaired or strollers to get into the park
- Gagaball pit
- Addition of trees and seating to enjoy mountain views
- Dog park
- More diverse terrain
- Nature walk/conservation area – more greenery, not just sporting grounds. Area for non-sportcentered social gathering
- Perimeter path for walking, jogging with paved or crushed rock surface; winter clearing of the route would be a bonus for daily year-round users; Keep it simple!
- Benches and shade around the summer activity areas
- Accessible play equipment like Shouldice with a lot for multiple handicap parking stalls.
- Cross-country Skiing
- Better signage
- Increased parking abilities throughout the community
The top results for the types of arts or culture amenity for Ranchero Park:
- Music Performances
- Public art
- Decorative water fountain
- Little free library
- Outdoor games
The committee works with the various community groups, schools, businesses and other stakeholders to ensure that they have a great representation from all these groups and that the park best represents the various needs, wants and desires of all parties.