Please note this event has changed!
Due to a lack of volunteers, we are unable to have garbage trucks, metal recyclers or paper shredders on site for this event.
The Calgary Drop In Center will be present and accepting donations of good condition items and ERA will be accepting electronics of any condition for recycling.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may change may cause.
Other community clean-ups occuring in the NW:
- Sunday June 12 – Sandstone & MacEwan
- Sunday June 19 – Dalhousie
- Saturday June 25 – Scenic Acres
For a complete list of community clean-ups, please visit the City of Calgary’s website.
We need volunteers to make this event happen! Please click here to sign up.
Date: Saturday, June 11
Time: 9:00 am – 1:30 p.m.
Cost: FREE with Suggested Donation of $10 per load
The community clean-up is an opportunity for our residents to clean up their homes, yards, and garages to get rid of any unwanted items.
This year we will be accepting:
✅ Good condition item collection for the Calgary Drop In Center
- Gently used clothing, shoes and related items
- Small appliances, housewares and electronics
- Toiletries and hygiene items
- Good condition furniture (no rips, tears or stains) including mattresses, box springs, bed frames and couches
- Please no patio furniture, glass hutches or large office furniture.
✅ Electronics Recycling by era.ca
- Computers, laptops, printers, gaming consoles, phones and stereo equipment accepted
✅ Gently used items (including toys and books) – Ranchlands free store
- Household items
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED ARE:
🚫 Propane tanks
🚫 Damaged or soiled furniture
🚫 Car Batteries
🚫 Blue or Green Cart items (including yard waste)
Please note that access to the cleanup in the community association parking lot will be restricted to east bound traffic on Ranchview Drive only. There will be no access from west bound Ranchview Drive as left turns will not be permitted during the cleanup. Please be courteous and do not block side streets or bus stops while you wait.
The Ranchlands Community Association has a zero tolerance policy regarding abusive or threatening behaviour or language towards its volunteers; anyone not able to abide by this policy will be asked to leave.
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED!
As always, we wouldn’t be able to run events like this without volunteers. If you are able to help out, please sign up here or get in touch with the office.