Please join us on Wednesday August 7th or Thursday, August 8th for our casino fundraiser. This event is held once every 18-24 months and is the main source of income to help keep our buidling up and running. Funds raised from a casino event will help us with upgrades such as our furnace/heating, indoor painting, kitchen upgrade, etc.
Dates & times are listed below for all volunteer shifts. Please note that an AGLC rule is you may work more than one shift but it must be in the same position (for example, if you are a cashier on Wednesday and want to volunteer again on Thursday- you have to also be a cashier)
Complete training happens for all shifts when you arrive, so no worries if you haven’t ever volunteered at a casino fundraiser. Shift Descriptions are as follows:
- General Manager – responsible for overall continuity of casino – makes sure all volunteers arrive and if not, finds replacements;Fills any position as necessary to facilitate breaks, if needed;
- Banker – controls all cash and chip inventories. Uses PC.
- Cashier – redeems players chips for cash.
- Chiprunner – delivers chips from the Banker to the game tables and records chip inventories with the gaming floor employees.
- Countroom Staff – sorts, counts and records money using count machines and PC’s.
- Back-up – is literally that – they could be called very last minute and would be expected to show up.
All volunteers receive a complimentary meal, drinks & snacks during your shift. Feel free to sign up with a friend or a spouse – it is a lot of fun! For more information, call our Office (403-241-0335) or email.
Location: Cash Casino: 4040 Blackfoot Tr. S.E.